· Press Ctrl Alt Del and select Task Manager
· Click the Applications Tab
· Select Store Operations POS
· Click End Task
POS should close. You may be prompted with another box to End Task or Cancel. Select End Task. You may also see an error report box pop up. If so click Don’t Send. You should now be able to open POS by clicking the icon on the desktop again.
Also, schedule store sales in advance for entire departments, categories, or supplier catalogs for a specified date or time. At the point of sale, you can track each discount given to customers through Reason Codes to gain insight into which sales and promotions are most successful.
Use the data in the Microsoft Retail Management SQL database to build a mail merge in Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel to create customer mailings and advertisements. Track your customers’ purchase histories to learn their buying habits and to deliver personalized service that will keep them coming back for more.
Want to learn more? Click here to get help.
If your internet is working and the credit cards still aren’t going through then there may be an issue with the processing network. If you contact your credit card provider they typically can tell you if they are having issues on their end.
· Turn the printer off
· Hold the Feed button on the printer
· While holding the Feed button, turn the printer back on
· Release the feed button and then press and release the feed button again
· Turn the printer off and back on without pressing the feed button
· Close RMS POS and open it back up
The print test should have produced 2 receipts with information printed on them. This will clear the buffer and reset the printer. After you close and open POS the printer and drawer should start working.
Each register has its own database that contains just enough information to make sales. This database will allow you to sell products and take credit cards (providing your internet is working). You will not be able to access manager or make any changes to items. You also will not be able to z the register out until it is back online. Once it is back online, it will synchronize the sales you did while you were offline to the main database.
· Open RMS Manager
· Click on Journal at the top
· Click on Update Batch Info
· Click OK on the report filter (no filter will be needed)
· Find the batch with the Status of Blind Close (the opening/closing times will help determine the correct one)
· Double Click the Batch Number located on the far left
· Select Generate Z Report
You should now have the rest of the totals for that register for the day. I would suggest opening Manager on one of the POS registers so you will get a printout on the receipt printer.