Pet stores have a very unique variety of products and that is why we designed our pet store POS system specifically for pet store owners.
We combine POS software that will complement any pet store environment with hardware designed to be durable and reliable. Pet stores need to be able ring up items with and without bar codes quickly and easily. Our pet store POS software provides you with just that. Our systems will allow you to keep real-time inventory of all kinds of products from scannable items to treats by the pound.
Our touchscreen systems make it quick and easy to get your customers in and out the door with their new furry (or feathered) friend. Our pet store POS system allows you to run vital reports, manage receiving of new items, and keep your customers coming back with a loyalty program.
- POS Touch Terminals
- Back Office
- Real-time Inventory (Handhelds available)
- Cash Drawer
- Bar code scanners, scales and scanner scales
- Customer Display
- Easy to Use POS Software
- Quickbooks Integration
- Integrated Credit Card Payments
- Labor Management
- 24/7 Service and Support
- and more!
- Will you be scanning bar codes? If yes, then you will need a presentation or hand-held bar code scanner.
- Will you need to create bar codes? If so, you should consider software that allows you to print labels, codes, etc.
- Will you be selling weighable items such as loose treats, litter etc? If so you should consider purchasing a scanner/scale that interfaces with your POS
- Will you be taking credit cards? Most customers expect to be able to use a credit card to pay. Look for software that provides integrated payments and is PCI compliant.
- Do you need to interface with pre-existing accounting software? If you have pre-existing accounting software, make sure that you select pos software that will interface, export or replace (based on your particular needs) the accounting program you already have.
- Will your employees need training? Most employees will need some form of training to maximize the productivity and efficiency that can be gained by using a POS system. Look for a provider that will take the time to make sure your employees know how to operate the system. Some providers offer both onsite and online training options. Be sure put training costs into your budget.
- Does the provider have a track record of quality service and support? A lot of people fall victim to “fly-by-night” or online POS dealers. These often offer cut rate prices on the front end but little or no service and support. This can lead to paying higher service costs in the long run as you either have to switch providers (and perhaps change parts of your system) to get support or have no support for your system at all! Make sure you choose a POS provider with a proven track record.
- For more considerations when purchasing a POS system, click here.