|How to Add a Choice Set|
A group of choices that apply
to a specific menu item.
A local restaurant offers pizza
(the menu item) with the
customer’s choice of cheese,
pepperoni, and sausage
(the choice set).
If a new menu needs to be created, please start with a new database. Please refer to the Dinerware
manual for more information on how to create a new menu.
For this tutorial, assume a menu already exists and a new category on the menu needs to be created.
Log in to the terminal using a four-digit PIN.
1. From the order entry screen, touch ‘Manager’ at the top right of the screen.
The manager screen appears.
2. Touch ‘Menu’. The menu edit screen appears.
3. From the left of the screen, touch ‘Choice Sets’ then choose ‘New.’
4. Use the on-screen keyboard icon (lower left), name the choice set (example: Sauces), then
touch ‘Ok’ to accept this name.
5. Touch ‘Ok’ again in the lower right of the screen to save this new choice set.
Check to see if the new choice set has been added. Touch ‘Back’ to get to the manager screen,
then ‘Back’ again to get to the order entry screen.
A choice set called ‘Sauces’ should appear.
Choice Sets and
To associate a Choice Set with
a menu item, touch ‘Items
with this Choice Set.’
Two columns appear.
Menu items currently in the
system are on the left.
Highlight items to be attributed
the ‘Sauces’ choice set.
Touch the green right arrow
to move into right column.
Items moved into the right
column will now be attributed
to the choice set ‘Sauces.’
|How to Add a Choice Set Page 1 of 1|
dinerware.com | Headquarters: 400 North 34th Street, Suite 200 | Seattle, WA 98103 | (206) 297-0561 | (866) 346-3792 REV 060110
© Dinerware, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks, service marks and trade names references in this material are the property of their respective owners.