Key findings from Symantec’s 2014 Internet Security Threat Report indicate that securing your data is more important now than ever.
As a retailer, your system is constantly a target for data theft. Great advances have been made in security technology, however is our data safer? As detailed in Symantec’s 2014 Internet Security Threat Report, security threats are on the rise. The days of coasting along with minimum cyber security efforts are gone. Retailers must take steps now to protect their financial assests and reputation by implementing additional security measures to protect their customer’s data.
- 91% increase in targeted attacks campaigns in 2013
- 62% increase in the number of breaches in 2013
- Over 552M identities were exposed via breaches in 2013
- 23 zero-day vulnerabilities discovered
- 38% of mobile users have experienced mobile cybercrime in past 12 months
- Spam volume dropped to 66% of all email traffic
- 1 in 392 emails contain a phishing attacks
- Web-based attacks are up 23%
- 1 in 8 legitimate websites have a critical vulnerability